A rundown of our busy summer season!
Summer 2013 will be a very busy one for all of us at Preston Singletary Inc.!
When Bears Could Talk, 2013 (Blue Rain Gallery)
We kicked off the summer with some new works at Blue Rain Gallery in their Group Glass Show, alongside Dante Marioni, Rik Allen, Shelley Muzylowski Allen, Nancy Callan, Sean O’Neill, Armelle Bouchet O’Neill, Benjamin Moore, Cassandria Blackmore, Sibylle Peretti, Jeremy Lepisto, and Elodie Holmes.
Midway through June, Schantz Galleries unveiled some of Preston's new works for their summer season, and will release a catalog later in the summer.
Under the Still Water, 2013 (Schantz Galleries)
In July, Preston will travel to Chicago to install the first of three monumental Family Story Totems. The totem will travel from the Czech Republic with members of the crew that cast it to install it in a very unique place - on the 62nd floor of a high-rise overlooking Lake Michigan! The installation promises to be interesting, and there will be a film-crew recording it and the beginning stages of a new totem for a documentary about Preston that starts production this summer.
Thunderbird and Killer Whale, 2013 (Schantz Galleries)
Gray Goose, 2013 (Blue Rain Gallery)
August will be a VERY busy month:
- Preston will have a solo exhibition at Blue Rain Gallery opening August 1 that will feature all new works.
- The following weekend, on August 9, Preston turns 50!
- The next weekend, SWAIA Indian Market in Santa Fe will kick off and Preston will add a few more pieces to his show at Blue Rain.
- He'll fly back to perform with Little Big Band at the Sky Church at EMP as a part of the Seattle Center Festál Indigenous Cultures Day on August 18.
- August 23, Preston will celebrate his birthday with a private concert by one of his musical heroes, Bernie Worrell.
- August 24, Little Big Band will open for the Bernie Worrell Orchestra at a public show at Columbia City's The Royal Room (tickets are still available!)
And that brings us to Labor Day Weekend, when we'll be celebrating a successful summer season, rest a little, and get ready for 3 more shows in the fall!