For two decades, our esteemed colleague and dear friend Joe BenVenuto has dedicated his craft to the glass community in Seattle, including the Preston Singletary Studio, and abroad. Now he needs our help.
Eight months ago, Joe was diagnosed with an Anaplastic Astrocytoma brain cancer on his thalamus. While there are treatments available and doctors can abate the growth for some time, there is no cure and eventually the tumor will return.
What We Are Doing:
We are coming together to raise funds to help Joe heal and recover from months of difficult and hard work, including an intense five-week radiation and chemotherapy treatment and future care. Today, only a portion of Joe’s healthcare insurance is covered by his insurance and for all alternative treatment he must pay 100% of the cost by himself.
The funding will allow Joe to:
• Begin alternative and holistic treatment such as Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) and a cutting-edge IV Therapy treatment based on the most up-to-date research on various nutrients and pharmaco-botanical compounds.
• Health insurance covers no costs for alternative treatment, funding will help to cover these costs in addition to improving and expanding Joe’s current health care plan.
• Take time off from work to focus all his energy to heal his body while keeping and maintaining his home and studio.
• Explore additional western and holistic treatments in the US and beyond.
• Travel and spend time with his family in Ohio.
Everyone is invited to join in to help Joe B., no amount is too small! Please share Joe's Story and the GoFundMe link with your family and friends. Contribute now at GoFundMe.
Traver Gallery Pop-Up Show: Friday July 28th, 2017: https://unitedforjoeb.net
An art exhibition and Silent Auction will be held at the Traver Gallery in Seattle on July 28th from 6-10PM. Glass artists in the Seattle community and beyond will come together to donate their work. This is the culminating event of our fundraising efforts. 100% of the funds raised during this event will go directly to Joe, providing vital support of his treatments and recovery.
Featured artists include: Lino Tagliapietra, Dale Chihuly, April Surgent, Dante Marioni, John Kiley, Martin Blank, Kait Rhodes, Nancy Callan, CUD, Sean Albert, Dave Walters, Joe David, Jane Rosen, Jen Elek & Jeremy Bert, Richard Royal. Preston Singletary and many more.
This event is open to everyone, however RSVP is required. To RSVP and preview pieces for the silent auction click here.
Singletary pieces include "Spawning Salmon" and "Shrine Figure Set".
What You Can Do:
Share Joe’s Story – Please share the GoFundMe campaign and the Traver Gallery Pop-Up Show to benefit Joe B. with your family, friends and fellow artists.
Follow Us: Stay updated on event information on the Preston Singletary Glass Studio Facebook page
On behalf of Joe and friends, thank you for your support.
Traver Gallery: Info@travergallery.com
Preston Singletary Studio: Studio@prestonsingletary.com
Left to Right: Preston Singletary, Joe BenVenuto and Sean Albert. Photo courtesy of Preston Singletary Studio.